Monday, February 4, 2008

Mei Li came home (our Shih Tzu)

We are so thrilled with our new "little one"! Her name is Mei Li, which means beautiful in Chinese and she is now about 2.5 lbs. We brought her home on Saturday and of course just love her! She is officially Grace's dog, a gift for her 7th birthday. MiMi is trying to get comfortable with the fact that this is Grace's dog...not sure if we did this one right, we may have been better saying this was our family dog, but MiMi has already started picking out the dog she wants when she's 7!
I grew up with so many pets, a horse, dogs, guinea pigs, lots of rabbits, snakes, frogs, turtles, I guess I just loved animals and knew when my girls were the right age the fun would begin again for me! We now have Lucy, Emily (hampsters), Gold charm (fish) and Luke (lab) and now Mei Li. I have really had to slow down my pace over the last few days, which has turned out to be a very welcome break. Mei Li and I are enjoying some organizing files and just playing...I know she can't wait for Grace and MiMi to get home they really know how to play!
Enjoy the picures!


Now why can't she sleep like this at night?


That is one happy dog!!

I could open a bath for Shih Tzu's! (I hope you get that Trish, if you're following our blog! )Ha

Sweet baby girl!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love all of these pictures..Im sure both girls are just in love with that sweet puppy!

Tammy said...

How sweet! The puppy is adorable! Congrats on the family addition! Can't wait to have a "pot" of coffee soon and catch up!

Angela and Jay said...

That is one cute puppy!! Grace looks like she's head over heals for Mei Li!