Friday, February 22, 2008

Daddy daughter dance and girls weekend!

Our lives are full! We seem to go "all out" everyday, but it sure is nice to stop and breath...there isn't a better way to change things up than to go do kid stuff! I mean do what the kids want to do on their schedule, their plan. This is unusual in our house because I am the one always setting the "tone of the day", as the kids have pointed out to me. I love not being in charge for a few days and letting someone else make the decisions! Dan and I both love the stages and season both of our girls are in right now, lots of girl conversations, a ton of laughing, checking out the latest Hannah Montana "thing" or just dancing like really "cool girls"! We absolutely love seeing our girls loving the Lord and being "cool too"!! Parenting is tough, so many days you wonder if you are doing it right or not, but there is so much reward when you can sit back and witness the "effort" you put in to your kids. I told Dan recently that I wanted to quit my job...but shortly after that the kids started showing up as "well mannered with humble-hearts, with a passion to love Jesus and do the right thing"!! Confirmation is sometimes all we need!! Well, I didn't quit my job, and life goes on......

Some fun pictures from the past couple of weeks....

Daddy daughter dance - they look so good!

Daddy with his two girls, his favorite girl was taking the picture!

MiMi ready for a night out!

Grace and I spent a girls weekend in Chattanooga!

Tennessee Aquarium - who's that guy?

We love penguins!

A touch of spring!

I love this picture of these butterflies!

Grace and I loved the butterfly garden!

2 comments:

Tammy said...

Sounds fun! The Nolan's sure miss the Chapman's and cannot wait to hook up soon! Just four more weeks and life will slow down a bit for us! I'm still counting on that double date, as well as, that coffee catch up! :)

Michael said...

Great photos. Dan sure looks proud with his girls.

Michael