Wednesday, April 30, 2008

We bought a boat!

We have been thinking of a way to spend some family time and camping just isn't our thing, but boating, now your talking!! So far, we have the boat, a slip, a couple of life jackets, and a cooler, sounds good to me......not sure if we will ever learn to waterski but a big tube and a couple of floating rafts work fine for us! Sorry David!! We took "her" out for a ride last night, it was cold but we all slept very well last night. We have all agreed on the name, I guess everyone names their boat, so she will be called "Iona"..... like Iona boat!! Looks like we are going to have a great summer!


Our boat "Iona"

First trip out, not a boat in sight, never hit anything!

4 comments:

Kim said...

Love the name! You all are going to have so much fun this summer. Can't wait to hear more boating stories.

Tammy said...

You are going to have so many priceless memories with Iona! Congrats! My, how the Nolan's miss the Chapman's. I can't seem to slow down long enough to have coffee myself, much less schedule anything. I have hired an assistant, though, so there is Light at the end of the tunnel.... I see a coffee meeting in the near future! :)

Pete said...

YEA! Looks like you guys will be having a great summer! (Glad you updated your blog:PPP
J & P

Unknown said...

WOoHoo! Fun Family times ahead!

I agree with Pete and Julie, thanks for the update, see you soon!