Friday, June 29, 2007

CAUTION! Name that snake!

My favorite gardening pal Camille, she thinks the snake could be a copperhead! ooh!

Do you see the markings?



What kind of snake is this?
Well, I wasn't going to post this, but I couldn't resist...we had a HUGE snake come by for a visit a few weeks ago. I looked out the door to the porch under our screened porch and this 6ft. plus snake was heading for our table. It wrapped itself around the chairs and even tried to crawl up the umbrella pole. Then it headed for the house and started to climb up the brick, not kidding, up the brick on the side of our house. We were in a panic (Dan hates, hates, did I say hates snakes) I tried calling Animal Control, well they were absolutely no help, which wasn't a big surprise, so we did the next best thing called our brave neighbor, who has boys! Mark came over and he and I got the shovels ready (Dan and the girls were safely in the house looking from inside the glass door! HaHa) Mark took aim and chopped the snakes head off! Really gross, but we felt good about the fact that this HUGE snake wouldn't show-up again uninvited!
For what it's worth, I think it's a rat snake and just for the record, I am really not that afraid of snakes!!




2 comments:

Unknown said...

Good job!!! That would have been quite scary. Thats defintely the first time I have seen a pic like that on a blog!

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh! This picture is scarey! You guys are becoming quite the snake wranglers.